‘Scarecrow and the Army of Thieves’ by Matthew Reilly
As with every book written by this man, all the time and sweat and fingertip blisters he puts into his writing leads to a book that is read in two days! I am not sure if reading a book so quickly is a good or bad thing. The story was exciting, the exclamation points flying thick and fast towards the end, and a few extremely unlikely escapes (what is called a ‘one-percenter’) has you calling bulls*** while you can’t put it down =)
‘Siege of Darkness’ by R.A. Salvatore (Book 9 of the ‘Legend of Drizzt’ series)
– X –
It took a very long time, but there is a bit of motivation for the big Project! It is not in the writing, unfortunately, but in the research to make the world work. The research can be fully accomplished by one extremely awesome website, called Accuweather. Not a stretch to figure out what the research entails =)
– X –
In a slightly annoying trend, my science fiction short story seems to keep stalling me. The religion of the country that Barney is now in is predominantly Christian (80%). The remaining 20% is split somewhat evenly between Islam and traditional religions. I hope that the ‘traditional religion’ involves Shamanism, because that would be very handy.
Should religion be brought into a science fiction story?
– X –
The plan for Post #151 seems to have been spoiled by a test run. Well done to one of my very observant followers who realised what was happening and correctly put two and two together =)
By the way, Post #142. We edge ever closer…